Bienvenue à ma blog! I took french for four years just to say that, you proud? I was tagged by the lovely Nerd @ Nerd Narration to do this Tag. I always feel special when I get tagged in these things because it makes me feel like I have friends outside of the ones in my head.
I am unsure if this is a rule, but I will be featuring books I have yet to reference (This means no Crazy Rich Asians, ALTHOUGH YOU SHOULD READ IT!
1) Find a blue book on your shelves with a blue cover. What made you want to pick up this book?
A Disorder Peculiar tot he Country by Ken Kalfus
I got this book when I was in 9th Grade. One of my teachers loved me and knew how I was about books,so she gave it to me. I have yet to read it.
2) Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher
This as my first ever summer reading book and I was fully prepared to hate it. Why? Because summer reading. I was impressed though, the book was fantastic. I don’t remember majority of the details but I remember being super impressed.
3) Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?
Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
You know how I always say I judge a book by its cover? I bought this book because of its cover. I am not ashamed about it either, it cost me like 2 bucks.
4) Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
My cousin Tutu was the one who told me to read this series. She is a book person like me and I was going on and on to her about how I am over vampire books when she told me to read this one.I believe I went through the first 3 books in like 5 days, but then I had to wait like a year for the last book. It was worth it.
5) Pick a book that you discovered through YouTube/book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?
The Wangs v. The World by Jade Change
I heard about this book on the booktubes, and because I love reading books starring ethnic characters, I HAD to read it. I wasn’t let down by it but I wasn’t overly impressed either.
6) Find a book on your shelves with a one-word title. What drew you to this book?
Crank by Ellen Hopkins
I remember reading books similar to this in middle school and loving them, so my freshman year in high school, I bought this one.
7) What book did you discover through a film/TV adaptation?
Queen Sugar by Natalie Baszile
Oh Ralph Angel you handsome man!
8) Think of your all-time favorite book/books. When did you read this/these and why did you pick it/them up in the first place?
The Wind Blows Backwards by Michelle Downing Hahn
I first picked this book up the beginning of 8th grade, I think it sounded interesting at the time. I loovveedd this book! “The wind blows backwards and rain tastes like apple sauce!” I literally read this book at least once every year until my senior year. I only recently got a copy of my own.