I was planning on finishing When Dimple Met Rishi today, but alas, life laughed in my face and said “Bitch, you thought!” This lefts me at an impasse with what to post today, until I went to search good ole Booktube and found the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag by Read Like Wildfire and Earl Grey Books.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015.
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2015.
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
The Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Dear Martin by Nic Stone
5. Biggest disappointment.
The Blackbirds by Eric Jerome Dickey
Book was absolutely effing terrible. What a complete waste of my life and brain cells.
6. Biggest surprise.
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kayffman
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
8. Newest fictional crush.
Galen Vachon from Beverly Jenkin’s Indigo
9. Newest favourite character.
Ella from Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram
10. Book that made you cry.
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
11. Book that made you happy.
Bring on the Blessings by Beverly Jenkins
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
The again, it is the only book to film adaptation I have seen this year.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone 20th Edition Gryffindor version
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
I just wanted to do this as something fun, you will notice I only commented on a couple of my answers because only those few warranted commentary. I am still getting to know the book blogger community so for now I will tag anyone who reads this and wants to do it.
Ciao Book THOTS!